Thursday, December 11, 2008

R.I.P. Earl Root

I've written and re-written this enough times, and it always seems to fall short. Here's the story: Earl Root was taken from us, and we all feel the loss. I hardly knew Earl, but I felt a connection with him. He was a kind and gentle man. He was full of love, and it radiated from him like sunshine. He dressed in black, had long hair and sideburns, wore a leather jacket and boots. He looked scary, but it only took a moment talking to Earl to realize there was nothing to fear.
Earl died of lymphatic cancer. It's a fucking shame. I feel his absence, as I know many others do as well. This Christmas season, I think about his family and friends celebrating without him. It must be hard.
Earl, if you can read this, I just want to say that you made an impact on me. The respect and kindness you showed me was both comforting and inspirational. God bless, my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment